Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"You're Giving me Sh!t, We Gotta Duel"

Fellow history enthusiasts Kate and Katy tipped me off to this spectacular video. Someone interested in public history really ought to get involved with this.



Drunk History is so much more than that. It is some combination of frat boy antics and a bastardization of the Founding Fathers (though vol. 2.5, about Benjamin Franklin's playboy tendencies, is shockingly accurate). The result is this hysterical 5-minute video, which might remind some of us that you don't need a PhD to "do" history. A bottle of scotch seems to do the trick.

2 comments:

  1. Hell yeah to the Drunk History! I so wish I were creative enough to make one for the Spanish Inquisition - how much fun would it be to put that together?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might go a little something like this:

    He called his parents.
    "I'm going before the Inquisitors, I love you, I'm gonna miss ya"
    He called his friends.
    "I'm going before the Inquisitors, I love you, I'm gonna miss ya"
    He called his girlfriend...he called his wife. (Perhaps the reason for the event?)
    "I'm going before the Inquisitors, I love you, I'm gonna miss ya"

    I personally am going to work on Drunk Pirate History. Me + scotch + eye patch!

    ReplyDelete